1. Group Class Bookings
Puppies and Dogs, over the age of 6 months, will need to pass the Fun Focus Play Assessment prior to be allowed to attend group classes. This assessment is payable on booking. The Fun Focus Play Assessment needs to be completed prior to booking and attending group sessions.
Puppies under the age of 6 months will have to have completed their initial vaccination program before attending the puppy course.
Places are allocated on a first-come, first served, basis.
All Membership Fees are payable monthly in advance. Payments are due on the 1st of each month that you are training with us.
No booking is considered to be confirmed until payment has been received.
By completing the booking process, the client acknowledges that they are aware of our terms and conditions.
You will receive an email confirmation upon booking. This includes important information about your class so please read it carefully.
Please make a note of the date, time of your class upon booking to ensure you attend the correct course.
Nightsabre Dog Training limits the number of dogs in their classes to a maximum of 6. The client agrees and understands that they must not knowingly book a dog that shows aggression onto a course unless it is a workshop or class aimed at their specific issues.
By purchasing a product or service from Nightsabre Dog Training, you agree to receive email communications from us. You can unsubscribe at any time.
2. One-to-One Training Sessions, Packages and Behavioural Consultations
One-to-One Training sessions, Packages and Behavioural Consultations are payable upon booking, regardless of whether the bookings are made through the internet booking system or in person over the phone.
Bookings made via the internet are subject to confirmation. You will be sent an initial automated response confirming your request for an appointment. You will be contacted by telephone or email, within 48 hours of us receiving your request, to arrange a mutually convenient date and time for your appointment.
Bookings made in person or via the telephone will be subject to confirmation once full payment has been received. In this instance, you will receive a Google Calendar Invite to the agreed appointment.
No booking is confirmed until we have received payment in full.
One to one training and behaviour sessions are conducted at the client’s home or at a suitable agreed location.
Nightsabre Dog Training may require the client, prior to booking a one to one training and behaviour session, to carry out full health check for their dog with their vet and report all findings back to Nightsabre Dog Training and Behaviour. This may be required to rule out any potential underlying medical causes.
3. Workshops and Seminars
- Workshops and Seminars organised by Nightsabre Dog training are payable upon booking, regardless of whether the bookings are made through the internet booking system or in person over the phone.
- Places are allocated on a first-come, first-served, basis.
- No booking is considered to be confirmed until payment has been received.
- You will receive an email confirmation upon booking.
- Please make a note of the date and time of the workshop and/ or Seminar upon booking.
- Nightsabre Dog Training limits the number of dogs on their workshops, the maximum number will be detailed in each workshop description. Seminars are generally without dogs unless expressly stated that dogs are allowed to attend. The client agrees and understands that they must not knowingly book a dog that shows aggression onto a course unless it is a workshop aimed at their specific issues.
- By purchasing a product or service from Nightsabre Dog Training, you agree to receive email communications from us. You can unsubscribe at any time
4. Cancellation Policy
Group Class Cancellations
- If we need to cancel a group class due to unforeseen circumstances or adverse weather conditions we will offer an alternative date, if at all possible. If this is not suitable we will carry the cancelled lesson forward to the following month. The following month’s membership fee will be adjusted accordingly.
- If a class is cancelled due to the weather, we will let you know by text and/or telephone at least an hour before class start time.
- If you, the client, cancels up to 10 working days prior to your chosen start date – refund minus £10 administrative charge.
- Cancellation by you within 10 working days of your chosen start date – refund minus £30 cancellation fee.
- Cancellation after your chosen start date – no refund. There will be no partial refunds or transfers for missed classes.
- If we find the class environment does not suit your puppy or dog we will discuss this with you and suggest an alternative training option.
One-to-One Training Sessions, Packages or Behaviour Consultation Cancellations
- If we need to cancel a 1-2-1 Training Session or Behavioural Consultation due to unforeseen circumstances or adverse weather conditions we will offer a mutually convenient alternative date.
- If you, the client, cancels up to 10 working days prior to your appointment – refund minus £10 administrative charge.
- Cancellation by you, the client, within 10 working days of your appointment – refund minus £30 cancellation fee.
- Cancellation within 72 hours of your appointment – no refund.
5. Legal & Safety
- Dogs and puppies who attend our training classes and courses must be fully up to date with vaccinations and we may require proof.
- Welfare and safety of all dogs is paramount to Us. Dogs in an unfit state of health due to illness, disease or injury must not attend class. The clients agrees not bring their dog to class if the dog has been in contact with an infectious disease, such as kennel cough or conjunctivitis.
- We encourage the client to attend the class without their dog if they are unable to attend due to illness or injury, as it will still be beneficial to the client and so the client is able to maintain continuity of training.
- Bitches in season are not permitted to attend a class. The client is to notify Us if they think their bitch may come into season. Refunds are not given though we may offer alternative arrangements.
- Owners hold full responsibility for their dogs at all times.
- Owners may only bring one dog into class at any time.
- Dogs must be kept on lead at all times unless instructed otherwise by your trainer.
- In accordance with our Code of Practice, Nightsabre Dog Training and Behaviour practises positive and reward-based methods. We do not condone the use of aversive methods of any type. Harsh handling of dogs is discouraged and the use of check chains and aversive methods, including lead jerking, shouting or smacking, is not permitted at any time. The client understands and agrees they may not use any gadget or device in class that we consider being aversive. This includes but is not exclusive to – slips leads, pinch collars, spray collars, compressed air canisters, rattle cans, water pistols or any other device or method that has potential to cause injury, pain or fear. If the clients continues to use harsh methods when asked not to, the client will be asked to leave our classes and not return.
- You are responsible for your child and supervise him/her at all times. Carefully supervise your dog around other people’s children. Please don’t let your child approach another dog without checking with the owner that it is safe to do so.
- Cars are parked at their owner’s risk. Nightsabre Dog Training do not accept any responsibility for theft or damage to cars or property whilst at training.
6. Training Rules
- The client is to respect the personal space of other dogs and ensure they stand at an appropriate distance until the client’s trainer advises the correct social introductions.
- Meetings between dogs are allowed only if both dogs show they wish to meet. All such meetings must be limited to 3 seconds maximum. Please don’t let your dog approach another dog without checking with the owner that it is safe to do so.
- Dogs must not be allowed to play before a class, as this can cause over-arousal and lack of attention to owners during class.
- Dogs must have time to relieve themselves before entering the venue for class. It is vital the client is a responsible dog owner and must always clean up after their dog. Please take home all poo bags after the session.
- Please make every effort to attend all weekly training sessions in order to get the best results. Regular practice in between sessions will help your and your dog’s progress.
- Please bring plenty of treats for training and be generous with your rewards!
- Nightsabre Dog Training endeavours to train outside as much as possible and we advise our clients that suitable footwear and clothing needs to be worn during training sessions. Please wear comfortable flat boots/trainers/etc some of our training exercises will require you to move about and run on grass.
- The client is required to follow instructions at all times, including all safety instructions and the client understands that they are not to use equipment when their trainer is not present.
- Nightsabre Dog Training requests that the client must keep to the designated training area, this does not include the football pitches, unless specifically indicated by the instructor.
- We provide a safe and secure environment as practicably reasonable and endeavour to apply good practices with all our training services.
- The clients agree to switch mobile phones off (or onto silent) during class and Nightsabre Dog Training requests the client does not hold conversations on their phone during class.
- Please arrive in time for each class as latecomers can be disruptive to the other dogs in class.
- We may wish to photograph or film your dog for our records or for marketing purposes. Please let us know if you do not wish your dog to be photographed or filmed.
If your dog has ever attacked another dog and caused injury requiring veterinary treatment, please let us know as they may need to be muzzled when attending class.
We make every effort to ensure the safety of you and your dog during classes, but sometimes accidents do happen. All instances of accident or injury must be reported at the time they occur.
By making a booking, you are accepting that participating in an activity with dogs, puppies, children and adults poses a risk of injury to yourself and your puppy or dog, and you agree to indemnify Nightsabre Dog Training for all personal injury and damage to property owned by you while attending our classes. You also agree to make any person who accompanies you to classes aware that they are also there at their own risk.
Nightsabre Dog Training has public liability and relevant business insurance to run classes and provide behavioural counselling, providing adequate cover for our business liabilities.
Nightsabre Dog Training does not take responsibility for misinterpretation of advice.
Nightsabre Dog training fully encourages all family members to attend their classes as we feel it is beneficial. Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. Children are requested to behave appropriately in the presence of unfamiliar dogs and are requested not to run in class or distract other dogs from working. For safety reasons it is advisable all children are educated in how to approach an unfamiliar dog, if the client requires further guidance regarding this, please contact Carrie’s Canines & Friends before the commencement of the classes. If the client provides their children with entertainment during a class, please ensure it is quiet and will not distract the class.
These are our Standard Terms and Conditions and shall be enforced where it is deemed appropriate.
Nightsabre Dog Training and Behaviour have a successful relationship with clients and in any situation will try and work with clients in the event of financial difficulty, complaint or concern, for a resolution that it mutually agreeable and suitable for all parties.
We want to work together with you, the client.
We are committed to developing relationships with clients and being able to help whenever possible.